Sunday 17 April 2011

Traffic light box....my first stencil!


Well I've been busy since I got back to the Gold Coast, my confirmed home! Our local council has started up a project for painting traffic light signal boxes (or TSBs), and I was one of the lucky ones to take on one of the 13 offered. This box located Marine Pde/Gold Coast Highway, next to a boatramp and what use to be a fish shop called Holy Mackeral. I haven't finished it, but I'm pretty happy with the result, not bad for my first stencil effort! I had to paint it rather than use spray cans, not exactly sure how the pro street artists get the accuracy for so little time....this took me the best part of a day to complete. This is my second box I've painted, my first one I painted many moons ago in Brisbane - http://svc169.wic021v.server-web.com/artforce/rating.asp?id=675 gosh I've come a long way since then!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you've done a very nice job. What fun to paint; and wearing a safety vest.

    ReplyDelete